As you know, JRB and I have been doing the Whole30 program. It has challenged us in ways I didn’t know were possible. However, I’ve now learned:
- That cauliflower rice is a thing.
- How to cook cauliflower rice.
- Cauliflower rice is actually tasty.
- Butternut squash is tasty, but hard to cut.
- Mixing random things in a blender can go really great or really terrible. No in betweens.
- Late at night, my integrity slips when around cheese dip. (Yes, I cheated. Only once though.)
- It is possible to order healthy, whole foods at restaurants.
- Craving broccoli is possible.
- Planning and cooking meals ahead of time is a smart, time-saving solution.
- No matter how much I try, I can’t love black coffee.
Below is a list of some of our favorites so far (all paleo and whole30 approved)
Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potatoes (minus the cheese)
Justin’s Almond Butter (found at Publix)
It’s now day 10, and I can honestly say it’s not as hard. My body isn’t craving sugar like it was on days 2-4 (That doesn’t mean I wouldn’t love a plate of cookies and creamer in my coffee though). I have had enough energy to exercise and carry on as normal. The hardest part now-a-days is planning enough ahead of time so I’m not caught with an empty pantry. Empty pantries mixed with hungry bellies lead to bad, bad things.